Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- I downloaded and installed Qlogin but am unable to run Qlogin
- Qlogin prompts for a password and I do not have one yet. What do I do?
- My trial license has expired. Can I renew or extend my trial without losing data?
- How can I install regular license without losing my data from trial version?
- What is the difference between trial and regular license of Qlogin?
- I forgot my master password. How can I retrieve my password?
- How can I detect if my machine has the required dependency files for Qlogin?
- How can I run/install Qlogin on the USB drive?
- How do I move my existing data to another computer where I have installed QLogin?
Q. I downloaded and installed Qlogin but am unable to run Qlogin
A. QLogin requires Microsoft.NET Framework files to be installed on the machine running QLogin. Typically, you should have recieved an alert at the end of installation prompting you to check for this file. However, if you are using Qlogin on a diffrent computer or accessing it from your USB drive, you may want to check if the computer running QLogin has these files installed. To check, simply go to http://www.qlogin.com/checkframework.asp and click on the button to perform test. If the required files are not detected, you will be prompted to download and install the framework files which is a free download.
Q. Qlogin prompts for a password and I do not have one yet. What do I do?
A.If you are a first time user of Qlogin, you can simply hit enter with the default password that is displayed in the text box when you start QLogin. If you accidentally cleared the default password, try entering "Pr0tectMe!" as the password if you are using the application for the first time or have not already set your own password for the application.
Q. My trial license has expired. Can I renew or extend my trial without losing data?
A. QLogin provides a free 60 day full featured trial with no data restrictions. Backup and Restore is the only feature that is not available in the trial version of QLogin. If your trial period has expired, you will need to purchase a regular license of QLogin for continued use without losing any data. You may choose to restart your trial again by reinstalling QLogin with a new trial license. You will however not be able to use existing data that you have already entered into QLogin and will need to start afresh.
Q. How can I install regular license without losing my data from trial version?
A. You can install regular license of QLogin in two different ways.
1. Install new license before the expiry of the trial - In this case, login to QLogin with your password, click on the About QLogin tab and click on the "Enter License" button. Enter your new license information and confirm and continue using QLogin.
2. Installing new license after trial has expired - QLogin will prompt you to enter your license information after your password has been validated. Enter the new license information and continue to use QLogin.
Q. What is the difference between trial and regular license of Qlogin?
A. QLogin does not limit usage restrictions on the trial versions of the applications. However, data backup and restore feature will not be active in the trial version of QLogin. All other features of the application is exactly the same between trial and regular version of the application. You do not need to download a new copy of QLogin when moving to a regular license. Simply update the license and trial date restrictions will be removed and backup restore features will be activated automatically.
Q. I forgot my master password. How can I retrieve my password?
A. You cannot retrieve or reset your master password in QLogin. If you forget your master password, you will need to reinstall the application and start afresh. You can restore your data from a saved copy of the backup if you have one. If you do not have a backup of your data files, you will need to start all over again. Please make sure that you remember your master password at any cost.
Q. How can I detect if my machine has the required dependency files for Qlogin?
A. Go to www.qlogin.com/checkframework.asp page and follow instructions to perform the test.
Q. How can I run/install Qlogin on the USB drive?
A. Copy the QLogin program folder from your install location on your desktop (typically in the programfiles directory) to the USB drive. It's that simple!
Q. How do I move my existing data to another computer where I have installed QLogin?
A. If you already have QLogin installed on another machine and only wish to move the data files, backup and restore is the best recommended approach. Backup files from Computer1. copy the back up files to 2nd computer. Run Qlogin on the new machine and restore data from the saved backup location.